Friday, 21 July 2017

Jake VS The Marvel Universe


So I have a confession to make...I haven't watched the Marvel movies...

I've seen one of them, Iron Man, the first one, but following on from that, while I've caught the occasional scene from a few films, I haven't watched a single entry in the series start to finish.
The main reason for this lies mainly in the fact that action movies just generally aren't my thing and, while I'm a pretty big comic geek, with the exception of Batman I'm not a very big Superhero fan. So, after watching Iron Man several years ago and feeling fairly underwhelmed by it, I was happy to let the rest of the films pass me by.

There's no denying however, that the Marvel series has gone on to become an icon of modern cinema and has become a series so large, that it would have seemed downright impossible to pull off not too long ago. With this in mind, I've always wanted to check the series out, even if they're probably not going to be my thing, as a lover of the medium of film, I knew I'd have to check the series out eventually to see what all the fuss was about. And now, I finally have my excuse, the recent release of Spiderman: Homecoming marks the first instalment of the series that I've genuinely wanted to watch, but, given that it's the sixteenth entry in the series, I feel I can't very well jump into it without knowing what comes before.

So here we go, a project I've wanted to do for some time now. A series of reviews of the Marvel Cinematic Universe from the perspective of someone who totally missed the boat on the series. I've said before that these films probably aren't going to be my thing and that's fine, but I'm still hoping to find something interesting and entertaining to sink my teeth into nonetheless.

So here we go..
Sixteen films (and counting).
Eleven seasons of TV (and counting)
Twenty seven reviews.

This is Jake VS The Marvel Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment