Thursday, 1 August 2013

tales from iDEATH’s 1st Birthday



Happy birthday tales from iDEATH
tales from iDEATH’s 1st Birthday

   Today marks the one year anniversary of tales from iDEATH’s first post, my review of Gary Wolf’s Who Censored Roger Rabbit? When I first started this blog I honestly expected I’d post maybe ten things that would be seen by about fifty people through facebook and be forgotten pretty much before it was ever remembered.
   One year on though and the site has been more successful than I ever could have hoped, over a hundred posts and over seven thousand views, it may not be the biggest site in the world but it’s huge to me.

   I’ve had a blast writing for this site over the last year and sharing with you some of my favourite books, films and TV series. I honestly can’t wait to jump straight in to year two and I hope that all of you who have checked out the blog will be back again to see what I’ve got in store for the coming year.

   A couple of shout outs I need to give, first of all thank you to Jordanaan for helping me out with my 100th post and accepting all the time this blog has taken up over the past year. Also, thanks to Jenna who’s excellent blog Book Odyssey was a huge inspiration (by which I mean, I stole her idea totally and without shame) for iDEATH.
   And of course thanks again to all of you who have read and commented on the blog over the past year. You’re awesome.

What’s next?

Over the next year I’ve got a couple of big projects lined up. These may not show their faces for a few months yet but I think they’ll be a lot of fun when they do show.

e all the classic Hogan Wrestlemania moments with MondayMania
 MondayMania: This will be a weekly review (posted every Monday) of each WWE Wrestlemania event, It’ll be covering every great moment, from Hogan body slamming andre the giant, to the Undertaker’s streak, I’ll be covering each event as a whole as well as giving individual match reviews.
I’ll also be compiling a massive scorecard for the events, showcasing each wrestler’s WM record as well as changes in gimmicks and celeb involvements.
If you’re a wrestling fan, I think this is gonna be a lot of fun. Of the 29 events (probably 30 by the time I’m done) I have 25 on dvd and have already written up the first few events so this feature should debut soon.
 
Tales as old as time with WeDisney
WeDisney: This will also be a weekly review (posted every Wednesday, do you like my pun? Took weeks to come up with that…), this time a week by week review of all 52 Disney animated features. This is gonna be a huge review and is going to take over a year to complete. It’s gonna be a little while before this shows up, I’ve got over half of these on DVD but I’ve still many of the earlier films to pick up. When it does show up though, it’ll be great.

GOTTA GO FAST!!
Episode by Episode: I’ve already completed three episode by episode runs where I review every single  episode of a cartoon series. These have been some of my favourite things to write so they’ll definitely be returning. Having already completed the first three Sonic the hedgehog series’ I’ll be kicking off with a review of the fourth and final one, sonic X but I’ll also be having some others too, I’ll be taking on Dilbert and Batman: The Animated Series and probably a few more as well.

Top 5’s: Another thing I’ve loved writing have been my top 5 lists. These are just awesome to write and allow me to properly geek out over something I love so they’ll definitely be returning and I’ve plenty of ideas of what I’ll be doing.

   …and of course I’ll be continuing to review all the books I’ve been reading, as well as any movies I’ve been to see and whatever else pops up along the way.

   I hope you’ll keep coming back over the next year. It’s gonna be a good one.
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment