Sunday, 28 July 2013

Mad Drew: Beyond Coffeedome



Mad Drew: Beyond Coffeedome
Mad Drew: Beyond Coffeedome 
Drew

   This’ll be a pretty quick review as I’ve not really a lot to say about this book. Basically if you don’t like office humour, it’s not for you and if you do them you’ll probably find a few things to laugh about.
   Personally, I like office humour (even though I’ve never worked in an office) and while I didn’t particularly love or hate this book, it served its purpose. It was a quick, light read and delivered a good amount of laughs.

   The characters in the book come from the author’s webcomic, Toothpaste for Dinner. It’s not a comic I’m familiar with, nor have I ever read the magazine (.NET) that the comic is published in. Had I been more familiar with the comic I might have enjoyed this a little more as it took me a little too long to get used to Drew’s style of writing which is improperly punctuated and jumps back and forth between ideas without warning.

   If you’re a fan of the comic you’ll probably enjoy this but I can’t really recommend it personally. If you stumble upon it though, it’s worth reading a few paragraphs. You’ll get a few laughs. 

Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment