Sunday, 30 December 2012

Year in Books 2012



Year in Books 2012

I’ve been told several times that I read a lot but I’ve never been sure if it’s true or not. I’ve never been one to devour a novel a week or spend my nights curled up by the fire, books in hand. Looking down at the list of what I’ve got through this year however, I feel a tingle of pride, It’s a fairly impressive list, a little heavy on the comics perhaps but those are quicker to read.
This has been the first year where I’ve kept track of what I’ve read, I don’t think I’ve missed any, so here it is, the whole shebang, my year in books.

Novels
The girl with the dragon tattoo – Stieg Larsson
The gril who played with fire – Stieg Larsson
The Water-method Man – John Irving
The 158-pound marriage – John Irving
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Arthur Conan Doyle
The Girl who kicked the hornet’s nest – Stieg Larsson
Nosferatu in love – Jim Shepard
Animal Farm – George Orwell
The Fault in our stars – John Green
The Hunger games – Suzanne Collins
Trainspotting – Irvine Welsh
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger – Stephen King
The Nosferatu Scroll – James Becker
Wyrd Sisters – Terry Pratchett
The World According to Garp – John Irving
The Sisters Brothers – Patrick DeWitt
And Another thing… - Eoin Colfer
A son of the Circus – John Irving
Who Censored Roger Rabbit? – Gary Wolf
Tietam Brown – Mick Foley
The Stand – Stephen King
Kitty and the Midnight hour – Carrie Vaughn
AHistory Maker – Alasdair Grey
Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
The peculiar memories of Thomas Penman – Bruce Robinson
Monkey – Wu Cheng’En
Black Box – Jennifer Egan
Pyramids – Terry Pratchett
The Crow Road – Ian Banks
Life of Pi – Yann Martell

Biography/Memoirs
Brautigan, Richard: A pilgrimage August 1975 – David Curran
On Writing – Stephen King
The Hardcore Diaries – Mick Foley
I had a black dog – Matthew Johnstone

Comics/Graphic Novels
Bring me the head of Willy the mail boy – Scott Adams
Don’t step in the leadership – Scott Adams
Casual day has gone too far – Scott Adams
Another day in cubicle paradise – Scott Adams
Don’t stand where the comet is expected to strike oil – Scott Adams
Fugitive from the cubicle police – Scott Adams
Church & State I – Dave Sim
Church & State II – Dave Sim & Gerhard
Jaka’s Story – Dave Sim & Gerhard
Melmoth – Dave Sim & Gerhard
Flight – Dave Sim & Gerhard
Transmetropolitan: Lonely City – Warren Ellis & Darrick Robertson
Akira Vol I – Katsuhiro Otomo
Akira Vol II – Katsuhiro Otomo
Cancer Vixen – Marisa Acocella Marchetto
Women – Dave Sim & Gerhard
Reads – Dave Sim & Gerhard
Minds – Dave Sim * Gerhard
Sonic the Comic Issues #1 - 89
Anne Frank: The Anne Frank house authorized graphic biography – Sid Jacobson & Ernie Colon
Sonic Select Volume I

Non-fiction
Writing For Comics – Alan Moore
Creating 3D animation – Peter Lord & Brian Sibley
Batman Unauthorized – Dennis O’Neil

Children’s Books
Sonic: The story
My dad is a loser – Barry Loser
Diary of a wimpy kid: Cabin Fever – Jeff Kinney
I want my hat back – Jon Klassen

Other
Fifty Sheds of Grey: A parody – C.T. Grey

Best books of the year
5- Reads – Dave Sim & Gerhard
4- The Sisters Brothers – Patrick DeWitt
3- The World According to Garp – John Irving
2- The Fault in our stars – John Green
1- Tietam Brown – Mick Foley


Worst books of the year
5- Writing For Comics – Alan Moore
4- The Girl who kicked the hornet’s nest – Stieg Larsson
3- Creating 3D animation – Peter Lord & Brian Sibley
2- Kitty and the Midnight hour – Carrie Vaughn
1- The Nosferatu Scroll – James Becker

No comments:

Post a Comment