Friday, 28 December 2012

Fifty Sheds of Grey: A parody



Fifty Sheds of Grey: A parody

C.T. Grey


As much as I hate to admit it, I must confess, I have on occasion judged a book or film without having read or seen it. We’ve all done it, it’s not big, it’s not clever but we’ve all done it. With books it’s a little more understandable, a film lasts an hour and a half while, depending on how fast you read, a novel can take anywhere from a day to a fortnight to get through.
So I will say it, I have judged fifty shades of grey without reading it. I did try, oh god I tried but after getting thirty pages I found it so painfully poorly written that I couldn’t even gather the interest to skip to the dirty bits.

I have however, read Fifty sheds, and it’s awesome.

Fifty Sheds of Grey started as one of the seemingly endless streams of twitter accounts parodying the original novel, here the tweets are collected with new passages intended to link the tweets into a traditional story structure.
Colin Grey is just a normal man in a shed until his wife reads Fifty Shades of Grey and leads him down the path of dodgy shed centric S&M

The linking story doesn’t really work but that’s not the point of this book, the tweets are really funny and several of them had me laughing out loud

“Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her coldplay CD”

Each of the tweets are accompanied by some lovely black and white photographs of sheds in all their sexual majesty which are, in themselves, really nice photos, their subtle beauty working in perfect harmony with the eroticism of the story.

It’s a quick little book and you’ll get through the whole thing in twenty minutes but you’ll have a lot of fun.
If nothing else you’ll look good reading it on the train surrounded by women reading the original and breathing heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment